EA Reveals How to Select the FIFA 18 Team of the Year Roster

Jan 09,2018


Each year, the FIFA Ultimate Team's game mode will be updated as the people behind the game called the Team of the Year. Usually, these are players who went above and beyond in their game and are real stars at their positions. For the 2017 Team of the Year roster, EA is changing is up a little, and allowing others to vote for who deserves a spot.


According to EA, the 2017 Team of the Year roster will be voted on by a "well-planned list" filled with members of the media, athletes and even FIFA community members. Those who are selected as a judge will receive a custom-built ballet box, including a shortlist of 55 of the world's most elite footballers. Each ballot box recipient will cast their vote by posting a photo on social media of their particular Team of the Year, including three attackers, three midfielders, four defenders, and one goalkeeper. Ballots will account for 60% of the total votes and EA's votes make up for the rest 40%. Fans who want to follow along with the voting can follow the hashtag “#TOTYVote.”

The final Team of the Year roster will be announced next week on January 15, and the special player items will be available within a limited time frame in FIFA 18’s Ultimate Team mode. To fully understand this process and check out all 55 eligible players, head to the FIFA Ultimate Team website, and do not forget to let us know that who will you choose for your Team of the Year.